Friday, October 30, 2009

How is your kitty feeling today?

A couple of months ago I decided to go on anti-depressants. I tried my best to weigh the pro's and con's. I've always heard horror stories about them and how terrible it can be to wean yourself off of them. But I knew if I didn't do something that would be the end of the road for me.

I thought about dying constantly at least once a day...everyday. I thought about rolling my car when I was on the highway. I thought about drinking cleaning fluid. I thought about hanging myself from anything that resembled a noose.

It finally clicked "Hey Megan, those aren't normal thoughts to be having!" So I went to my family doctor. I told him how I felt and how often I thought about ending my life. He started me on medication I started out on the lowest dose you could get which I think was like 70mgs. I was looking forward to feeling better. And in a few weeks I did feel a lot better. I was a completely different person. I was loving life again.

But I know I could have chosen another path. A path that I have seen people take before. If you've never dealt with depression then you don't know how terrible you can feel about yourself and everything else in your life. Truthfully, all you want to do is feel better and you think suicide is the answer.

I've talked to several people about going on anti-depressants. My advice is weight he options it can really help you to get through the after math of a very traumatic event. Maybe you don't know why you are feeling the way you are. You feel guilty because you think "Hey my life isn't that bad. I have a lot to be thankful for. So why do I feel so empty inside?" I don't recommend going on medication and not figuring out why you are feeling the way you are. Try to change things in your life, stop feeling sorry for yourself! Get out there and live your life because no one else is going to do it for you sweet heart. You have to take care of yourself. Because if you don't believe that people won't miss you when you're gone. They will. Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment